May 14, 2018 – Meeting Highlights
- Scheduled public hearings for the following items for May 29, 2018:
a. Rezoning Request RZ #18-02 submitted by Columbus Aberdeen, LLC to change zoning of six parcels totaling 9.4 acres located on South Hill Road from R20-16 to General Commercial.
b. Rezoning Request RZ #18-03 submitted by Aberdeen Fear Factory to rezone 6.04 acres on 10661 NC Highway 211 from R20-16 to Highway Commercial.
c. Conditional Use Permit CU #18-03 submitted by Columbus Aberdeen, LLC for property located on South Hill Road. Request is to permit a hotel use on four parcels totaling 4.85 acres.
d. Conditional Use Permit CU #18-04 submitted by Southern Pines Gaines for property located at 3140 NC Highway 5. Request is to permit a retail sales use with high volume traffic on property totaling 62.6 acres.
e. Manager’s Budget Message and Proposed FY 2018-2019 Budget.
- Approved Annexation Ordinance #49-018 submitted by the Moore County Board of Education for 3.887 acres located south of the intersection of NC Hwy 5 and Pit Link Lane.
- Approved Resolution #18-12 to Accept Surety for Parkway Meadows Subdivision, Phase 1 in the amount of $60,000 for completion of sidewalks and street trees.
- Re-appointed Bryan Bowles and Tim Marcham to the Planning Board with term expirations of June 2021.
- Re-appointed Johnny Ransdell and Betsy Mofield to the Board of Adjustment with term expirations of 2021; Also approved amending the Town Code of Ordinances and adding two alternate positions to the Board of Adjustment, which was followed by the appointment of Raymond Lee to one of the alternate positions.
- Approved An Ordinance Declaring a Road Closure (South Sycamore Street from South Street to Main Street) for Downtown Aberdeen Fourth of July Block Party on July 4, 2018 from 4:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
- Approved Resolution #18-13 Amending the Town of Aberdeen Personnel Policy in Regards to Compensatory Time.
- Scheduled Resolution #18-14 & Resolution #18-15 for Consent Agenda on May 29, 2018 pending final review of which carrier staff recommends for Worker’s Compensation and Property & Liability Insurance for FY 2018-2019.
- Approved Resolution #18-16 Verification of Municipality for Fire Department ISO Inspection.
- Board members reviewed the Proposed Budget Document for Fiscal Year 2018-2019, Budget Message and Public Hearing has been scheduled for May 29, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. A copy of the complete proposed budget is available for public review in the office of the Town Clerk.
- Approved purchase of chair replacements for Conference Room and Board Room.