Agenda For Tuesday, April 16, 2019 Regular Meeting, 5:30 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER
INVOCATION – Rev. Adam Beddingfield, 705 Church of God of Prophecy
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE – Deborah McGiffin, Cooperative Extension Director
I. PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD (Procedures are attached)
II. ADDITIONAL AGENDA
CHAIRMAN – Does any Commissioner have a conflict of interest concerning agenda items the Board will address in this meeting?
A. Sandhills Center Program Update and Budget Funding Request (Victoria Whitt, Chief Executive Officer)
B. Solid Waste Program Update (Chad Beane, Solid Waste/Recycling Division Manager)
V. APPROVAL OF CONSENT AGENDA All items listed below are considered routine and will be enacted by one motion. No separate discussion will be held except on request of a member of the Board of Commissioners.
A. Minutes: April 2, 2019 Regular Meeting
B. Budget Amendments
C. Tax Releases/Refunds – March 2019
D. Board Order for Tourist Home, 148 Rice Road, Vass
E. FY19 JCPC Funding Plan Revision
F. FY19 Cooperative Extension Fee Schedule Update
G. Deed of Dedication for Longleaf Pines Storage
VI. PUBLIC HEARINGS
A. Public Hearing/GIS – Amendment to the Moore County Road Name and Addressing Ordinance (Rachel Patterson, GIS Manager)
B. Public Hearing/Planning – General Use Rezoning Request: Highway Commercial B-2 to Residential and Agricultural 20 RA-20, Gretchen Road, West End (Debra Ensminger, Planning/Transportation Director)
C. Public Hearing/Finance – North Moore High School Project (Caroline Xiong, Finance Director)
VII. OLD BUSINESS
A. Finance – Request for Approval of Direct Bank Loan RFP Bid Award for North Moore High School Project (Caroline Xiong, Finance Director)
B. Sheriff – Request for Approval of Amendment to Contract with Southern Health Partners for Inmate Medical Services (Captain Bill Flint)
VIII. NEW BUSINESS
A. Cooperative Extension – Request for Acceptance of NCDA Grant and Approval to Implement the Visit NC Farms Mobile App Project in Moore County (Deborah McGiffin, Cooperative Extension Director)
B. Property Management – Request for Approval of Vehicle Purchases (Bobby Lake, Property Management Director)
C. Day Reporting – Request to Submit Contract Bid for NC Department of Public Safety Recidivism Reduction Services Program (Teresa Brewer, Child Support/Day Reporting/Youth Services Director)
A. Convention and Visitors Bureau Board
B. Juvenile Crime Prevention Council
C. Transportation Advisory Board
X. ADDITIONAL AGENDA
XI. MANAGER’S REPORT
XII. COMMISSIONERS’ COMMENTS
XIII. CLOSED SESSION (if needed)
COMMISSIONERS’ UPCOMING MEETINGS/EVENTS:
Library Board, Wednesday, April 17, 3:30pm (Daeke)
Good Friday Holiday, County Offices Closed, Friday, April 19
Tax Board of Equalization and Review, April 29 - 30, 9:00am (Daeke)
PUBLIC COMMENT PROCEDURES MOORE COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
The Moore County Board of Commissioners is committed to allowing members of the public an opportunity to offer comments and suggestions for the efficient and effective administration of government. In addition to public hearings, a special time is set aside for the purpose of receiving such comments and suggestions. All comments and suggestions addressed to the Board during the Public Comment Period shall be subject to the following procedures:
1. The Public Comment period will be held at the beginning of the Board meeting. The comment period will be limited to a maximum of thirty minutes.
2. Persons who wish to address the Board during the Public Comment Period will register on a sign-up sheet available on the table outside the entrance door to the Commissioners’ Meeting Room indicating contact information and topic. Sign-up sheets will be available beginning 30 minutes before the start of the meeting. No one will be allowed to have his/her name placed on the list by telephone request to County Staff.
3. Each person signed up to speak will have three (3) minutes to make his/her remarks. Each person signed up to speak will only be entitled to the time allotted to each speaker and one additional time period which may be yielded to him/her by another individual who has also signed up to speak on a particular topic.
4. Speakers will be acknowledged by the Board Chairperson in the order in which their names appear on the sign-up sheet. Speakers will address the Board from the lectern at the front of the room and begin their remarks by stating their name and address.
5. Public comment is not intended to require the Board to answer any impromptu questions. Speakers will address all comments to the Board as a whole and not one individual commissioner. Discussions between speakers and members of the audience will not be allowed.
6. Speakers will be courteous in their language and presentation. Matters or comments which are harmful, discriminatory or embarrassing to any citizens, official or employee of Moore County shall not be allowed. Speaker must be respectful and courteous in their remarks and must refrain from personal attacks and the use of profanity.
7. Only one speaker will be acknowledged at a time. If the time period runs out before all persons who have signed up get to speak, those names will be carried over to the next Public Comment Period.
8. Any applause will be held until the end of the Public Comment Period.
9. Speakers who have prepared written remarks or supporting documents are encouraged to leave a copy of such remarks and documents with the Clerk to the Board.
10. Speakers shall not discuss any of the following: matters which concern the candidacy of any person seeking public office, including the candidacy of the person addressing the Board; matters which are closed session matters, including but not limited to matters within the attorney-client privilege, anticipated or pending litigation, personnel, property acquisition, matters which are made confidential by law; matters which are the subject of public hearings.
11. Information sheets outlining the process for the public’s participation in Board meetings will also be available in the rear of the Commissioner’s Meeting Room.
12. Action on items brought up during the Public Comment Period will be at the discretion of the Board.
Adopted on the 5th day of March 2007 by a 5 to 0 vote of the Moore County Board of Commissioners.
Revised on the 7th day of April 2015.
Revised on the 7th day of February 2017.