April 9, 2019 – Meeting Highlights
- Approved the Town executing the replacement of the Historic Plaques at a cost share of 50/50 with property owners at an amount up to $6,000, and authorized staff and the Historic Preservation Commission to handle the implementation of the replacement program.
- Appointed Christian Crumpton to the Historic Preservation Commission.
- Approved Resolution #19-06 to Acknowledge the Expiration of UDO Text Amendment #1810 regarding required minimum lot sizes.
- Accepted Clerk’s Certificate of Sufficiency for Annexation #49-019 for 1.82 acres located at 180 Parkway Drive (Pee Dee Commerce Park Lot 15) and associated right-of-ways and approved Resolution #19-07 Fixing the Date of Public Hearing on Question of Annexation for April 22, 2019 at 6:00 p.m.
- Previewed a virtual video of the new Police Department designs. The Board members agreed to move forward with Option A with a metal roof, unless the metal roof becomes cost prohibitive.
- Approved moving forward with NCDOT designing a sidewalk on one side of NC Highway 5 from Olivia Lane to US Highway 1, with the Town having no monetary commitment at this point.
- Reviewed the first draft of the Fiscal Year 2019/2020 Budget. Department Heads reviewed capital requests for each of their departments. Due to several upcoming financing projects, Manager Sabiston felt the tax rate may end up somewhere around $0.49. The Public Hearing for the Fiscal Year 2019/2020 Budget will be held on May 28, 2019 at 6:00 p.m.