Hurricane Florence continues to bring the potential of damaging winds, power outages, heavy rains, flooding and even tornadoes. Moore County Department of Social Services, Health Department, and Red Cross opened an additional emergency public shelter at 3:00 pm on Thursday, September 13, 2018.
Location Name: North Moore High School
Address: 1504 North Moore Road, Robbins NC
Shelter Rules and Regulations:
· Children under 18 years of age with the exception of emancipated minors must be accompanied by an adult when entering the shelter and remain in the custody of the guardian during their stay.
· Residents are instructed not to bring alcohol, drugs, guns or other weapons, “boom boxes”, radios, TVs, or perishable goods. Law enforcement will have the authority to search bags and confiscate any items brought into the shelter.
· Residents utilizing public shelter spaces are instructed to bring medications, blankets, special dietary foods/formulas, and a supply of food for personal consumption.
· Public shelters should be considered “shelters of last resort” with very basic provisions for a safe and dry environment to include a cot for sleeping and limited meal capabilities.
· This is NOT a Medically Fragile Patient Shelter.
· This is NOT a Pet Friendly Shelter.