Aberdeen Town Board Regular Meeting December 10, 2018 Meeting Highlights Include:
- Approved Consent Agenda which included Minutes of Regular Board Meeting on November 26, 2018 and the Salt & Brine Agreement with NCDOT.
- Held a public hearing for UDO Text Amendment #18-14 and an Amendment to the Code of Ordinances for Various Sections of the UDO to include the addition of the Downtown Aberdeen Advisory Board and incorporate changes to the Open Space, Streets and Utility Sections. The amendments were approved unanimously.
- Appointed the following members to the Parks & Recreation Advisory Board: 3-year terms for Dene Moon, Fallon Brewington, and Josh Wilhelm; and 2-year terms for Amberly Weber, Adriana Janker, Bethania Robinson, and Shekeeta McCrimmon.
- Held a public hearing for the System Development Fee Study. The Board members accepted and approved the SDF study conducted by LKC Engineering, approved Resolution #18-33 Amending the Town’s Fee Schedule to add system development fees in conformity with the SDF study effective January 14, 2019, and authorized staff to establish new budgetary line items and bank accounts as needed to separately account for the system development fees as required by HB 436.
- Approved the 2019 Meeting Schedule for the Aberdeen Mayor & Board of Commissioners.
- Approved the FY 2019-2020 Budget Calendar.
- Approved Resolution #18-34 Naming the primary Aberdeen Lake Picnic Shelter the Bob Matthews Firemen’s Shelter. A naming ceremony will be held on Tuesday, December 18th at 10:00 a.m. at the picnic shelter.
- An update was provided by Planning Staff for the proposed Historic District Plaques and quotes. Staff will gather survey information from historic district members and present further information to the Board at the earliest opportunity.
- A draft prepared by Municode of the codified Town Code of Ordinances was presented and discussed with the Board members. Board members will review the draft and consider action at the January Regular Board Meeting.