(Raleigh) – At the Town of Robbins’ request, the North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles has agreed to allow the license plate agency in the Moore County town to permanently close.
The agency, located in the Robbins Town Hall at 101 North Middleton St., will cease operations at 5 p.m. today at the request of town officials. The town’s contract to operate the license plate agency was terminated.
The Robbins license plate agency has been in operation at that location since 2007.
DMV representatives will perform a final inventory audit of the agency, and remove equipment and supplies belonging to the state.
A new contractor to operate a second license plate agency in Moore County is expected to be in place by the summer of 2019. The other license plate agency in Moore County is in Aberdeen.
Five nearby license plate agencies that offer services Monday through Friday include:
• Aberdeen, 1313 North Sandhills Boulevard, from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Phone: 910-944-1303
• Troy, 448 Albemarle Road, from 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m., and 1:45-5 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Troy’s LPA is open on Wednesdays from 9 a.m.-noon. Phone: 910-572-2911
• Asheboro, 338 South Fayetteville St., from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Phone: 336-629-9623
• Siler City, 311 North Second Avenue, from 9 a.m.-1 p.m., and 2-5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Phone: 919-742-1307
• Sanford, 331 Wilson Road, from 9 a.m.-1 p.m., and 2-5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Phone: 919-774-6027
In addition, services such as property tax payments and registration renewals can be completed online at www.MyNCDMV.gov
LPAs offer vehicle registration services and title transactions, as well as vehicle license plate renewals, replacement tags and duplicate registrations. Currently, 124 license plate agencies operate across North Carolina.