Summary of January 22, 2019 Pinehurst Village Council Meeting
• Under the Consent Agenda, Council approved:
o Approval of Draft Village Council Meeting Minutes.
o January 8, 2019 Regular Meeting
o Public Safety Reports
o Budget Amendments Report
• Council approved Ordinance 19-02 modifying the annexation agreement between the Village of Pinehurst and the Town of Southern Pines for the mutual boundary line between these two municipalities.
• Council approved the FY 2020 Balanced Scorecard and Areas of Focus as presented.
• Council authorized the Mayor to sign a letter of support for the Town of Carthage appeal of the Laurel Ridge Subdivision to the Moore County Planning Board.
• Council approved Resolution 19-02 appointing John Bouldry, Mayor Pro Tem, as the new voting member for the Moore County Transportation Advisory Committee.
• Council discussed the potential terms of a formal contract between the Village of Pinehurst and the Moore Co. Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) for providing visitor services at the Welcome Center.
• Council approved Ordinance 19-03 amending the General Fund budget to replace asphalt patching funds for streets and grounds.
• Council approved a request for sponsorship for the Carolina Polocrosse Club.
• Council approved a request for sponsorship for the Sandhills Motoring Festival.
• Under the Work Session, Council discussed:
o Points of discussion for Senator Tom McInnis.
o Library Working Group report and recommendations.
o Council held a closed session Pursuant to NCGS §143-318.11(a)(6) to consider the qualifications, competence, performance, character, fitness and conditions of appointment of an individual public employee. Specifically, the Council discussed Village Manager Jeff Sanborn's contract.