January 28, 2019 – Meeting Highlights
- The Board members approved the Consent Agenda which included Minutes of Regular Board Meeting on December 10, 2018 and Work Session on January 14, 2019.
- Administered the Oath of Office for Police Chief Carl Colasacco.
- Administered the Oath of Office for Police Officer Matthew Furr.
- Received presentation from Charlotte Gallagher with the League of Women Voters related to the Equal Rights Amendment; Ms. Gallagher requested this item be on the February agenda for consideration.
- Received presentation from Randy Craven regarding a music festival being planned at Malcolm Blue Farm on May 25, 2019 to raise money for local veterans; Mr. Craven requested a sponsorship from the Town in the amount of $1,000. No action was taken.
- Held a public hearing for the Comprehensive Land Use Plan. The Board members approved the Comprehensive Land Use Plan as presented.
- The Board members approved Resolution #19-01 Establishing an Interlocal Cooperation Agreement between the Town of Aberdeen, the Town of Southern Pines, and the Village of Pinehurst in Moore County, North Carolina.
- The Board members approved Resolution #19-02 to Accept Surety for Sidewalk Improvements for the Patten Sybella Subdivision.