Several emergency units in southern Moore County were called out for a garage on fire behind a house threatening the main structure in Pinebluff Tuesday afternoon. The call for assistance came in around 3:00 PM at a house located at 40121 US Highway 1 in Pinebluff.
Heavy smoke and flames were visible from behind the house when the first emergency units arrived on the scene.
Firefighters were able to stop the blaze from causing major damage to the main house limiting damage to melted siding on the back of the home, however fire did spread to woods around the house adding to the fire suppression efforts by responders.
A small propane tank that was in the garage reportedly exploded in the fire shortly after the first emergency units reached the scene, thankfully no injuries occurred for civilians or emergency responders during this fire.
One lane of US Highway 1 in the northbound direction was blocked by emergency vehicles while officials worked to bring the fire under control.
Responding to this fire were units with Pinebluff Fire Department, Aberdeen Fire & Rescue, Crestline Fire & Rescue, Southern Pines Fire & Rescue, Pinehurst Fire Department, NC Forest Service, Moore County EMS, Moore County Fire Marshal’s Office and the Moore County Sheriff’s Department.