first pioneer isurance 300x250

popes electric 300x250

Sandhills Tree 300x250

Imagine waking up in the middle of the night to the sound of your smoke alarm going off and a haze of smoke starting to fill your home. Your first thought and reaction is that your house is on fire and you might now only have minutes to escape. Believing your house is burning you and your family make it outside and call the fire department. A short time after firefighters arrive at the home, they determine that your house is not on fire, but thankfully has only experienced a malfunction with the heating system causing the smoke and the fire scare. This has been the real-life situation for many local area residents here this fall and winter on dozens of occasions.

With every change of the seasons comes different stresses on your home or businesses heating and cooling system that can have serious effects on it. This has been more evident than ever over the past several weeks here in Moore County with the change to colder weather and the increased use of heating systems as local fire departments are dispatched to more and more incidents that end up involving the HVAC system at local homes and businesses large and small.

One of the easiest ways to prevent such mishaps is to have regular routine service performed on your HVAC system by a trained specialist. Your homes heating and cooling system is one of the few systems that requires you perform regular routine maintenance to it rather than just waiting for it to break down or have a failure. It is recommended that you have your system checked semi-annually, however this should be done at a minimum of once per year to prevent incidents like described above or much worse from occurring.

To help prevent something like this from happening to you or your family contact your local HVAC contractor about scheduling a routine service and inspection for your heating & cooling system and remember to change your air filters regularly.

Never assume smoke in your home or business is related to an HVAC problem. Even if you do not see fire, if you see or smell smoke you should still immediately evacuate the building and call the fire department.

 

Poole Towing Aberdeen Times Ad block size

Aberdeen Carpet 300x600

3x8 Advance Auto Glass